Over 30 business owners and employees have attended the first of a series of courses designed to support company growth.
The Boost your Business three-day residential course was held at Newcastle Airport’s Novotel and is part of a series of funded programmes organised by East Durham Business Service (EDBS).
Some 35 people attended the programme, gaining two recognised enterprise qualifications and a non-accredited college certificate, while at least two of the businesses in attendance secured work as a result.
The courses have been put together by the North East Enterprise Agency Limited (NEEAL) in conjunction with the European Social Fund, Skills Funding Agency, Gateshead College and New College Durham.
Areas covered will include:
· Exploring Enterprise Skills
· Planning an Enterprise Project
· Evaluating Enterprise Project and Skills
· Digital Promotion for Business
· Understanding Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) for Business
· Coordinating the use of Digital Media for Business
· Coordinating Offline and Digital Media for Business
· Emergent Digital Techniques for Business
· Producing Digital Promotional Content for Business
· Data Protection and Digital Media for Business
· Measuring the Effectiveness of Digital Promotional Activity for Business
· Understanding Social Media
· Tender writing, developing a PQQ and identifying routes to tender for a business.
· Introduction to the Business Chassis
· Introduction to sales pitches
Boost Your Business will take place at various locations across Tyne and Wear, Northumberland and County Durham.
For further information, or to book your place, please contact Hina Joshi on email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 5863366.